Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Last Trumpet Blast

1 Corinthians 15:52-54

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. 
For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, 
and we shall be changed. 
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, 
and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible has put on incorruption,
and this mortal has put on immortality, 
then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written:
'Death is swallowed up in victory.'


When Lord? When will You come back? I am tired Lord, and this world is ruthless. I just want to be with You! Is there none here that can be trusted? Is there anyone who is virtuous, someone who will be grounded and faithful, forgiving and compassionate? Lord my heart breaks for my sister and there is nothing I can do! God who has courage to do what is right? Who can receive a rebuke with a humble heart and turn from their ways? God how did You reach me? Lord why are some saved and others lost? What can be done? Why does it seem easier to be ignorant than to find wisdom and knowledge? We are wasting away our time here doing nothing while people suffer and die. What can we do? What will You do? How long Lord, till You come back?

1 Corinthians 15:55-58

"O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 

We are still waiting Lord for Your promises! Help us to wait and be steadfast, immovable always abounding in Your work and not our own! Help us to have the victory through Jesus! 

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!
    I have been feeling the same thing lately! Lord Jesus please come and get us! After spending time with non-believing family this weekend my heart breaks. I used to get mad that they just didn't get it but now my heart breaks because they don't get it (and I can't MAKE them get it). What a great prayer! Jesus help me to be steadfast and immovable. Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! When we have seen God work in and through us it can be so hard to just BE faithful as we watch the ones we love the most struggle in vain when we know Jesus is the answer they need. Keep Praying!!!

      Delete