Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sleepless in Spanaway

Tomorrow would have been 10 years of marriage for Kenny and I. Do you want to know how I am feeling? I feel strange. I don't even think my mind can understand the feelings I'm feeling. Strange right? So, the only way to understand something you don't is to look at whats true, the facts. I miss my husband, obviously, very much. But, I am not sad, I'm not mad, and I'm not planning on going through pictures and movies and having a good cry either! I don't really know what tomorrow will bring for me. Only God knows!

It's strange how we can become so connected to people or places or events that the thought of not having those connections can leave us numb and dumbfounded. When we have a routine or a tradition of some kind or a habit, good or bad, those things can sometimes become to us a mark of our identity.
Are you a morning person? Do you like exercise? Do drink coffee everyday? Do you have a big family with big holiday traditions? What do you do for a living? Are you super efficient? Are you lazy? Do you watch a certain show on a regular basis? Do you have pets? Do you have kids? Are you married, single, in a relationship? Do you have a college degree? Are you a people person? What kind of car do you drive? Do you blog, facebook, tweet? Would you consider yourself rich or poor? Are you rich or poor? Do you pay your bills on time? Do you own a home or do you rent? Do you have a five year plan? What religious beliefs do you follow? Do you believe? Are you a worrier? Are you sure or unsure? What are you doing right now? Insert your own probing question here_________?

All these things can be used to describe a person or be used to judge a person. I know I've often wondered whether or not people like the same things I like because it makes me feel connected to them. But is that it? Is that all there is to us? It just doesn't feel very....significant. I don't want to be judged by people because of a few superficial things that have become my habit or routine or tradition. That probably means I shouldn't judge others by those things either.

So is there more to us or are we, in fact, what we eat?

God says He created us in His image. GOD of the universe took the time to form us and breath life into us. Doesn't that make you wonder if all those things that have "become" our identity are truly all we are or ever want to be? Don't you feel like there should be something more to you? Let me assure you right now, You are more? You are a child of God. You were made for a reason and with a specific purpose in mind. God sees you and knows exactly where you are at all times. He knew you would be right here right now, because nothing surprises an all knowing God. God loves you and wants you to know Him more. He wants to tell you how long He's been waiting for you to finally turn around and realize He's been there all the time. God who set the world in motion also made a way for you to be saved even though you've strayed so far away from Him. He gave up His one and only Holy and Good Son Jesus, to be your rescuer. He knew what a mess you would get yourself into. He knew you needed His help from the very beginning but because God is love He would never force you to be with Him. He wanted to let you come to Him in faith, trusting that He can make you into something even more magnificent than you ever dreamed you could be. You are His and you don't have to continue down this road you've been traveling down any longer! All your burdens and all your sins and all your shame can be washed away because Jesus came and died in your place. And because Jesus died instead of you God can forgive you. He longs to hear you cry out to Him! He can restore your lost time, He can heal what's been hurt and broken! Not only that but He said there is a place for You in His heavenly kingdom if you are willing to follow Him and seek to know Him more. Isn't that the most amazing thing you've ever heard? HE IS GOOD, HE IS GOD!

So you see we are what we eat or should I say what we take in. Did you take in that last paragraph? Did you take in the Love of the Lord or are you still searching from something else? Fame and fortune and even our human relationships are here one day and gone the next, but God is eternal and you were made for more!

I love looking at the truth instead of relying on my emotions! It's so freeing to know that no matter what this life brings God was, He is, and He will always BE my everything, and He can be yours too.


No comments:

Post a Comment