Monday, July 9, 2012

Past, Present, Future Memories


There was a window in my room when I was younger. It led out to the rooftop of our house. My sister and I use to crawl out there sometimes and look up into the sky. Sometime on sunny days, sometimes on starry nights, it was so great to be up there. We use to listen to music and sing along or just catch some rays in silence.
Tonight there is a light show going on in the heavens. I've been watching the lightning flashing across the night sky and I wish I could crawl out that window again with my sister by my side and watch the sky light up and hear the thunder roll.
Nights like tonight must be meant to be shared with someone special because its just too good to enjoy alone! Though my neighbor on the other side of my fence is also out enjoying this magnificent light show he's not the one I'd hoped I'd be sharing this night with.
Time goes by so quickly! We have a few short years with family or friends and then....times up. How sad that we so often take our loved ones for granted and the time we have with them.
Just as I typed that last sentence I ran up stairs to wake Keegan up to show him the awesome lightning show. I took him to the back door and we stood there in the door way and watched the lightning flash. Then the loudest thunder I've ever heard came crashing out of the dark sky and Keegan and I both fell back and were totally terrified!
Not wanting to send him back to bed scared to death I told him, that right there is just a small taste of the mighty power of God and that is who loves you and is always watching over you! Isn't that amazing!
Wow what a night, and the lights are still flashing and now the rain is falling heaving on the roof and the windows. Yeah nights like tonight are definitely meant to be shared with someone special!
Thank You Lord for this night and for my someone special, may I never take my children for granted or the time I have with them!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this, may that powerful God bless you and your children :)

    ReplyDelete