Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Like Salt in an Open Wound

You've heard that phrase before I'm sure. Probably even experienced it a time or two. Salt in an open wound hurts! It stings and kind of burns and it's just not enjoyable. But then there is the after math of the stinging and burning of the salt which is pretty amazing. Not only does it help clean and draw out the unclean, it also helps with inflammation and helps dry out the wound. And my favorite part, quicker healing.

Ironically, or maybe not so ironically, God's Word has the same affect. Sometime I get to a verse in the bible and I am just left with this 'ouch' feeling. I feel totally shamed and defenseless and there is nothing I can do or say to excuse myself. I have to be careful to not put the Word down at this point because I can easily reason in my mind how this word can't be for me right now, I'm too vulnerable to hear it. I have to press on trusting that God will bring the healing after the initial sting.

One of the many amazing truths about God's word is that, 'if properly applied' onto or into the wound, there will be healing and blessings that come out of the pain. You'll get back more than you lost! That nasty gash in your heart will heal to the uttermost with God, and He will give you beauty for ashes. That's just His way. He loves so much that He can't help but pour out blessings with the healing, if we are able to endure the momentary discomfort of the sting.

God You are so good to me! I know with all my heart that no matter what this life may bring I am safe in Your arms! You are Love! I am Yours! Thank You for Your healing word!




No comments:

Post a Comment