Friday, January 1, 2010

What in the world?

For the last couple of days I've been thinking about life, everyone does from time to time. I've been thinking, "what are we doing here"? And not in a hopeless state of mind do I say this, but with genuine concern and curiosity as to whether or not I am doing any good for anyone in this life. I know as a christian and a sinner that I am over joyed to be here for God's purpose. I guess my question is, am I doing enough?

You've probably thought the same thing and I wish I could hear what your thoughts were. I was at the hospital visiting a friend, he is 29 years old. All of a sudden one day at work he had a seizure and dropped to the ground. He has been in the ICU since December 17th, through Christmas and New years. He suffered so much trauma to his brain that he can barley talk or even cough for that matter. He has had 3 surgeries to help relieve brain swelling and fluid pressure and that's just the beginning. He has a life threatening aneurysm that they cant operate on till they get other issues under control, like an infection and phenomena and seizures that keep happening.

29 years old, that's too young. I'm 29!

I, by the grace of God, finally started to get my act together and really live and enjoy this life that God has given me. How could I have wasted so much of my life, years past, on such vain and insignificant trivial things. As a mother of young children I know how precious time is just in a day. I have been fighting the time management battle for years now and I've learned, there is never enough time in a day to get things done. Years fly by as we sit and wait for life to get better thinking that there is always tomorrow.

Sometimes tomorrow doesn't come so what am I doing that is going to be worth anything? Chasing the elusive dollar for what? We just spend it and the cycle continues, more more more... never satisfied with what we have always wanting more. What am I doing?

Why didn't we get a memo? "News flash, life is fragile handle with care".

Why is that the last thought on our minds until disaster strikes and our eyes become open. But for how long? When we get a glimpse of life as it really is, a precious small amount of time, are we moved to change? Do we just get back to life as usual because, "that wont happen to me!"

I hate the thought that we value things over our own health. We eat what we want to because we want to, and we drink and poison our minds and our bodies with crime and drugs and hours upon hours of TV and video games. Why? Because our eyes say more so as mindless robots we give our eyes what they want, never taking into consideration what this could do to our fragile lives.

Oh boy do we need a hero, a Savior who can free us from this life of vanity and evil. Jesus came and died and took upon himself all of our evil sinful thoughts and deeds so that we could have eternal life. Why? Because God loves us and that's why he made us, so we might love Him in return. It's pretty simple really, we just complicate things with our own thoughts of the way life should be. What matters most to you?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lee you are totally have the gift of writing. Really enjoying reading your blogs and what God has put on your heart to share. Praying for you guys and the upcoming MRI this month.

    ReplyDelete