Sunday, January 10, 2010

This Circus Called Life

Lord I love you so much. Thank you for letting me be apart of your wonderful plan. God I pray you would stand guard at my mouth and forbid any words that are not from you. I pray you would forgive me if in hast I say things I shouldn't. My only desire is to bring glory to Your name. Help me to pray always and hear when you speak. I found my greatest love in You and I never want to forget how you saved me from myself. In Jesus name Amen.

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

We know God created us right? It says so three times in this one verse. A perfect God created us, so what happened? We all know the story of how sin entered into the world when a serpent deceived a women, who then persuaded a man, who without thinking of the consequences, ate the apple.

Why do you think such a thing happened? Maybe, in our arrogant minds we thought we were smarter than the One who created us? Maybe, we were just set on going our own way?

Either way when God said "Do not", we disobeyed. Enter sin. Goodbye Eden. We have a major genetic disorder passed down since the beginning of time. Tack on a few thousand generations and, talk about your dis-functional family, we've added so much more sin its not even funny.

So why do we wonder what went wrong in our own lives? "How did I end up like this?" You know all the thoughts you think when your trying to blame someone else for all your flaws and failings. Let me just remind you we are not in Eden anymore and Earth is not as friendly a place.

Sin hurts. Not just the one who is doing the sinning but it reaches far beyond that single person and touches family and friends and generations to come.

So why does the circle of sin keep spinning round? When will we choose to get off the ride? I wonder if there is anyone who can stop the insanity?

Oh wait I know One. His name is Jesus, and He put a stop to the Ferris wheel of sin over two thousand years ago, if we choose to get off the ride and follow Him. Once you step off the ride, expect some dizziness and even the occasional stumble and fall. But know that you are in good hands now. For if you are weak, He will give you strength. If you fall down He will lift you up. If you are sad, He will give you comfort. No more nausea and vomiting on the ride from hell, you have been set free. So rejoice and forget the hurt of the past but learn from your mistakes. And never be deceived or persuaded to sin, and always think of the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment