Monday, January 11, 2010

Beauty from pain?

I have been given a gift. A chance to see life as it really is. Most people go their whole lives and never really know how to live. Moments are precious and are gone in the blink of an eye. I feel privileged to have received this kind of gift. I have been changed by it and I will never be the same. Thank you Lord for this gift.
I'm not the only one to have received such a gift nor will I be the last. What is the gift? Longsufferings, pain, heart ache, trials.
They are given to us throughout our life time. They are hard to receive at first, because they are not wraped with ribbons and bows. Hidden in side these gifts are valuable treasures. Unfortunately most people miss the treasures hidden in side because they don't like the way the gift is wrapped.
Trials, thats crazy right? But it's true. A very good friend reminded me of the gift of trials tonight and I was blown away by that thought. I have spent a majority of my life being angry and depressed about the trials in my life because there were just so many. I was overwhelmed and confused because the first trial I can remember is one I had wished I could forget since I was nine. Maybe I should be a little more clear. The trial it self was not the gift but the beauty that came from the trial was. How can there be beauty in any trail? I have seen a lot of trials in my life and I am sure most of you can relate. This world is full of sickness and sinners, murderers and thieves, heart ache and pain, addiction and depression, deceivers and perversions. That's just a fact and I can grantee that every single person out there has experienced many of these things personally. Did you notice that? I said everyone, does that give you a clue to how beauty can come from pain? We have so much in common with one another if we'll just open ourselves up and share.
I believe in redemption and forgiveness and I only know of One man who came to redeem the world. I can not say His name enough, Jesus. Jesus died on the cross for the sin of the world. That means if you live on this planet, YOU have been saved, will you take the hand of the One who is the Truth the Life and the Way? This world has offended us and hurt us and tried to kill us, but God loves us and sent His Son to die for us. There will be a judgment day for those who sinned in this world and did not choose God's Way, and there will be an eternal punishment. Shouldn't there be? You and I know how much sin can hurt, and someone should pay, right? Rest assured a price has been paid and the battle over sin has been won.
But back to my statement on beauty from trials. I know a love now that is unfailing and unconditional. It took me a while to find it because I was looking in all the wrong places and placing my faith in all the wrong people. God has shown me a love I never thought I could know. I have been so overwhelmed by His love for me that I could explode. So I think I will! I can hardly keep from blogging about my love. My trials have equipped me with experience on the front lines of life and now I have to get back out there and tell everyone who is hurting and afraid, lost and alone, of this wonderful love and redemption. Listen, I can tell you some stories! God has been leading me all along through this war zone called life. I am not a product of my past or my pain. I know how it feels to be depressed and alone. I finally gave it all to God and said, "Here is my baggage, you said you can make me new and take away my pain, do it and be my Lord and Savior, lead the way because I've tried and failed and I cant do it any more." "I'm tired and confused lost and alone and no one understands me." "Help me please because I cant take it any more." So that's it. Love overflowing from God was found in the midst of my trials. He aloud me to experience these things so I would be able to see others who were hurting and dealing with hardships and pain and be able to tell them about the One who saved me from a world of sin.
I am not the same just ask my sister. So are they, "Trials or Blessing"?
There is no other way I know, no not one.

No comments:

Post a Comment