Thursday, January 12, 2012

Goodnight, love

I tucked the kids in their beds and took some laundry downstairs to be washed for the morning. Kenny hasn't been able to pray with the kids in a while. His tumor is growing faster and is affecting his ability to speak. He try's to talk but he stutters a lot and can't get the right words out. You can see the frustration in his face as he struggles to communicate his thoughts. He never gets angry, just raises an eye brow and twists up his lips. I asked Kenny to say goodnight to the kids so he headed up stairs. I walked up a bit later and heard my 6 year old daughter telling her daddy a story since daddy couldn't do it himself. My heart started to melt. I walked into my son's room to tell him dad would be in there next to say goodnight. I said, "you know Keegan, maybe you could pray tonight for daddy since it's been hard for him to." He smiled and nodded. I kissed his head and walked out. Then Kenny made his way into Keegan's room. My 8 year old started to share his heart with his father. He said, "It's hard having cancer isn't it?" Kenny stuttered, "yes." Keegan said, "That's why you wear that hat that says cancer sucks, hu?" Kenny nodded his head. Keegan said, "Mom said I should pray with you since you can't get the words out." So Kenny knelt down next to Keegan's bed. "Keegan prayed, "God please heal daddy and thank you that he loves you and that he will be saved." Kenny said, "Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment