Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My struggle, My prayer

I am not a patient person and I love to be in control of things. Not the best qualities to have but I am a work in progress. I have been struggling with these issues for as long as I can remember. I would like to think that I have everything under control but that is a lie. I don't have the answers and I sure don't have everything under control. My life is a whirlwind of trials right now and I am not sure how to escape the funnel cloud. I believe that God can use the trials in my life for good and that even now He has a plan, but it drives me crazy not knowing where the road is going to lead and what we will face next. I feel stronger than I was yesterday thanks to Gods words in Philippians 4: 6-7, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made know to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. I feel like I can give my worries to God but I fail to hear what He wants me to do. I need direction and I need a plan but I want to be in God's will. How do you know when you are hearing from the Lord? They say doors will begin to open when you are hearing from the Lord. How do you know when to step out in faith and when to wait on the Lord. There are too many unknowns.

God you are in control. I give it all to you and I ask for your direction in every aspect of my life. Show me where to start. Lord lead my steps and keep me from going my own way. I want to be in your will God. I have gone down the roads of my own and they lead to destruction. I need you God to be the light unto my path. Please help me to discover what your will is for me. I am restless and afraid. I love you God and I pray you would forgive me for not trusting that you are in control of my life. Help my restless heart from going down a path you didn't will. I will wait on you Lord please deliver me speedily. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment