Monday, October 1, 2012

Grieving A Loss Info

If you are grieving the loss of a loved one I'd like to share this precious resource with you. Grief Share is a bible based support group that comes along side of you as you grieve. This is not a cure for what ails you. It is comfort through sharing with others who have suffered a great loss in looking to God's truths to bring the comfort and the healing. I have only just started this group and I have to admit that it isn't always easy, but I find that as I press through the work book and the group meetings, as raw and emotional as they are some nights, I am beginning to understand this journey of grief.

Here is one of the e-mails I receive everyday from this great resource.


Grief Runs Deep: Where Is the Hope?
Day 3

Dr. Joseph Stowell says, "Even though your heart is breaking and tears are clouding your eyes and staining your cheeks, God does give us something worth trusting in tough times. And that's Him, and Him alone."

When your heart is breaking, you can place your hope and trust in the Lord.

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD" (Psalm 31:24).

Anne Graham Lotz defines hope: "Biblical hope is absolute confidence in something you haven't seen or received yet, but you're absolutely confident that whatever God has said is going to come to pass."

She also declares that "Jesus is your hope for the future. One day Jesus Christ will come back, and He will set all of the wrong right. Good will triumph over the bad. Love will triumph over hate. Righteousness will triumph over evil. He's going to make it all right, and you can have absolute confidence that that's going to take place. That's your hope."

Sovereign God, I choose hope. I choose faith. I choose life. Give me an unshakable faith in You. Amen.

I know that this road is a hard one! But I pray that you are willing to take the steps towards real healing. It's worth the fight!

All my love,
Alyscia

No comments:

Post a Comment