Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A fun little testimony

You gave me a husband to cherish and honor all our days through, but foolish I was and quite selfish too. I wasted such time and the minutes were many the one's that flew right passed me and my Kenny.

I was hurt and confused, lost and alone, I waited all day for him to come home. The work day had ended and refreshing he needed, but not till I told him how I was depleted.


Since morning had dawned and your children woke up, I slaved and I slaved, and now I'm fed up. Don't you walk away, no stay and just listen, to all I will say and no we're not kiss en'.

God help this man to see who I am, and please make him love me the way I demand. I can't live like this anymore I mean it we're through. Get out of here Kenny right now please do.

I'm sick of this fighting and you just don't see. God please tell me why you forgot about me? Husband's and wife's are supposed to just know, they don't need to force it or work at it so.

Then God showed up when I wasn't lookin', You see all along His plan had been cookin'. He whispered to Kenny of Superbowl fun to be had at the Peckham's when church service was done.

My God had done it, He saved my man, but little did I know of His fantastic plan.

Now God was working in our hearts and minds, He placed by me Jenny the greatest of finds. She told me to be thankful and pray all day through, and she listened to me like a mother would do.

She helped me to read to learn and to grow, with prayers and thanksgiving, God's word would soon show, all of these things that plagued me before would soon be the things that would help me mature.

Love peace and joy would fill up my heart, and I came to see that it all played a part. We are made new, a creation of God's, all we had come through, a couple at odds.

Kenny and I are happy now it's true and we only wish to give the glory to You. So praise be to God for the work that you do. Help us all to see your goodness and kindness shine through.

Thank you my Savior my Lord and my King. You have become our everything. The God of great love and miracles too, I pray you would continue to grow us in You.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your testimony at the women's retreat. It's so encouraging to see how God has worked in our people's lives. It was a major blessing to hear all that He's done in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber, it is His testimony really. Thanks for your comment, I loved being a small part of the Lords work. It was an amazing weekend Praise the Lord. I loved all the teachings and the testimonies. I wish it lasted a week instead of just the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally AMAZE me, Lee. That poem has left me practically speechless and with tears streaming down my cheeks!! And I pretty much already knew the story ... but the way you word stuff BLOWS ME AWAY! I love that you have this gift to write and you always put 100% of your self in it! I love reading your posts. I truly believe that out of all the people I know, I think you are one of the most BEAUTIFUL! Your beauty is 1000% because it comes all the way from your soul. I love you so much and I feel it is a great blessing to have you in my life! Along with your amazing husband, your gorgeous children and , well .... I guess I kinda dig your father-in-law, too! LOL! Thank you, Lord, for this awesome family that has come to be mine! I will try hard everyday to make sure that I am worthy! AMEN! I love you, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Staci talk about nice words, gee whiz. Thanks for the amazing comment. I love you too and I'm so thankful that God brought you into my life also. You crack me up lady! And you have the cutest little man in the whole world :) I love seeing how the Lord has changed your life and is continuing to do amazing things for us both. You are always in my prayers, tell Mr. Morgan I love him and tell Ken I love him too.

    ReplyDelete